In this blog, will discuss how to display success message without navigating to another screen and redirect the navigation with delay using Timer control.
We had a requirement to display success message once data are saved and the screen should navigate to display screen automatically. And also, the option to user to navigate to other screen if needed.
- Add Timer to the screen and set the properties
- Set Screen Property
- Set Action on Save Button
- Create Success Message Layout
Variable(s) is an important part for this use case
Timer Control in Action
- Display custom message
- Screen display the message for 5 seconds
Add Timer to the screen
This timer helps to stay on the same screen while displaying the success message. Here are the few properties that need to be set.
- Add the Timer control to the screen
- Set Timer Properties
Set the screen on visible property for variable initialization
Set few variable onclick of save button like Submit form, Start Timer, Display Success screen
Create Success Message Layout
- Rectangle – Background
- Label – Display Success Message
- Button – Navigate to “Power BI” (Additional functionality)