This blog will discuss how to display a success message without navigating to another screen and redirect the navigation with delay using Timer control.
We had a requirement to display a success message once data are saved, and the screen should navigate to the display screen automatically. Also, the user can navigate to other screens if needed.
- Add a Timer to the screen and set the properties
- Set Screen Property
- Set Action on Save Button
- Create Success Message Layout
Variable(s) is an important part for this use case
Timer Control in Action
- Display custom message
- Screen display the message for 5 seconds
Add a Timer to the screen
This timer helps to stay on the same screen while displaying the success message. Here are the few properties that need to be set.
- Add the Timer control to the screen
- Set Timer Properties
Set the screen on the visible property for variable initialization
Set a few variables on click of the save button like the Submit form, Start Timer, and Display Success screen.
Create Success Message Layout
- Rectangle – Background
- Label – Display Success Message
- Button – Navigate to “Power BI” (Additional functionality)