I had a few scenarios (Internally and Client) to explain the difference between these different apps. I was discussing with the client and decided to best explain the differences between these apps.
Different Types of Apps
- Canvas App is a low-code platform for building rich business applications.
- Model-driven app design is an approach that focuses on adding components such as forms, views, charts, and dashboards to tables using an app designer tool.
- Power Pages is low code / Pro Code software as a service (SaaS) platform for creating, hosting, and administering modern external-facing business websites. We can say an advanced version of Power Portal (Previous Version)
The below table shows the differences and similarities between the apps.
- Model-Drive App
- Power Pages
- We have a few scenarios where we build our PCF component with custom UI and Custom functionality.
- Dataverse gives row-level and field-level security model
- User experience between the apps like Sales, Customer Service, and Custom is consistent when using of model-driven app.